Friday, August 21, 2009

Tough Choices

I was talking to one of my best friends from dance yesterday about a hard decision she was having to make in her life. She was asking me for my advice about what she should do because she felt incredibly overwhelmed and didn't know where else to turn. My friend is a really strong Christian as am I, so we started talking about it from a biblical standpoint and I was really thinking about some helpful advice I could give her. The thing I noticed immediately when talking to her was that she was just so overwhelmed and pressured she felt she didn't have time to wait for God to give her an answer to the question that was pulling opposite directions on her heart! Without hesitation, I expressed to her that she needed to commit this problem into the hands of God because He alone knows the perfect plan for her life and the right decision to make! The very next day, God revealed to her what his decision was and my friend was able to relax knowing God was in control! I thought this was a great reminder of how awesome our Saviour is and how He can handle any tough situation or trial we are going through! He knows the ultimate plan for our lives and can guide us through any situation! Here are some verses to keep in mind:
Proverbs 16:9 ~
In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.

Jeremiah 29:11~
For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment: